Fullstack Engineer (PHP+Node.js)
What is this job position about?
What we're looking for
A talented and passionate fullstack engineer to work on the Spreaker platform. You'll work with our team of engineers to build, improve and maintain the web application, the API, and other applications built using web technologies
Why this job is important
Spreaker's web application and API are the core of the product, used by millions of people all around the world. You will join the web development team and iteratively introduce new features and improvements, optimize performances, fix bugs and security issues
What you'll learn
You will learn how to build and deploy a distributed system, both composed by large and micro services. You will continuously learn new technologies and keep with the high pace of our industry, without feeling like you're stuck on old and boring stuff.
What you'll do
You'll build new features both on the web application and the API, with a high impact on customers and the company business. You'll be asked to organize your time, plan your work, respect deadlines.
Which are the requisites to apply for this position?
We're looking for a passionate engineer with experience in both frontend and backend development (no graphic designer skills required). You should be willing to work with some old-school yet rock-solid technologies, without feeling the need to rewrite everything from scratch.
You must have production experience with:
- HTML5, CSS3, JS (EC6+)
- SQL databases
- Cross-browser compatibility (on both mobile and desktop)
- Creating and consuming REST API
- Automatic testing
Moreover, we do have a couple of strict requirements:
- Fluency in English (both verbal and written)
- European-centric timezone (CET-2/CET+2). We'll not accept candidates living outside Europe stretching their work hours to match the timezone
Finally, you'll get some bonus points if you have any production experience with:
- Web performance optimization
- Serverless architecture
What we offer
Voxnest is a cool place to work thanks to the company's flexibility: we are positive, relaxed, and easygoing. We try to maintain a friendly yet professional environment by communicating with each other on a daily basis and constantly updating everyone on our work progress or the company's success. It's important to us that every employee feels like an essential part of the company.
In addition, our key benefits are:
- Remote working environment
- Work-life balance
- Flexible hours according to work deliverables and commitments
- Yearly Company retreat in cool places around the world
- Great opportunities to develop and grow your professional skill set in a dynamic working environment
- Yearly training budget to buy books, attend conferences and improve your skills